Provides partial to full academic year support to MA students in Regional Studies: East Asia (MARSEA), East Asian Languages and Cultures, and International and World History with a Korea-related focus.
· Provides partial to full academic year support
· Eligibility: MA students in Regional Studies: East Asia (MARSEA), East Asian Languages and Cultures, and International and World History with a research interest in Korea
· Average of three awards per academic year
· Selection criteria include: Academic excellence; Demonstrated commitment to Korea-related research
· Recipients of the fellowship must report to the Center for Korean Research any additional funds, such as another grant, they receive toward academic year support. Should a student receive multiple sources of funding, the Center for Korean Research may adjust or withdraw the amount granted to the student so as to remain below the cap dictated by GSAS.
The Center for Korean Research was awarded a 5-year AKS Core University Grant in 2016 and is dedicated to developing Korean Studies at Columbia University.
Prospective Students: Applicants are considered for the AKS-CKR Fellowship at the time of GSAS MA Admissions Review.