Happy Spring Term!
Below you will find resources to help facilitate your relationship with Weatherhead East Asian Institute.
The Institute will be closed for:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 20
- Memorial Day: May 25
- The institute will be open for Spring Break: March 16- March 20
**However, please be aware that staff members may take vacations during this time**
See the University Holiday Calendar for all University-wide Holidays.
For questions regarding the following:
Events, Brown Bag Lectures, Conferences, etc. contact Athina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finances and Reimbursements contact Ryan (email@example.com)
IT and Website contact Pippa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MARSEA and Student Affairs contact Lucy (email@example.com)
Newsletter, Press, and Communications contact Ariana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professional Fellows contact Sydnei (email@example.com)
Visiting Scholars contact Rattana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
70th Anniversary and Special Programs contact Natalie (email@example.com)
FINANCIAL POLICIES and PROCEDURES
- WEAI Business Procedures PowerPoint
- Columbia University Business Expense Policy
- Columbia University Travel Expense Policy
- Up to $25 for breakfast
- Up to $35 for lunch
- Up to $75 for dinner
(Excluding tax and up to 20% tip)
- Up to $350 per night domestically
- Up to $400 per night internationally
- Economy class (Basic, Main, Plus) is expected to be purchased.
- Business class can be reimbursed if there is a documented condition as to why an upgrade is necessary, or if the flight is in excess of 5 hours. If an upgrade is necessary, please obtain a quote for a round-trip economy flight as well at the time of booking and submit with your purchased ticket. The difference in airfare total will be documented.
Reimbursement guidelines for CU Faculty, Students, and Staff please click here.
Reimbursement guidelines for Non-CU employees please click here.
“How To” Guides and Videos
- How To complete a Travel/ Business Expense Report (TBER)
- How to fill out personal information on the TBER form
- How to complete USD expenses on the TBER form
- How to use the “Extra Page” tab on the TBER form
- How to use the “Average Rate” tab on the TBER form
- How to do multiple currencies on the TBER form
- How to use oanda to convert currencies into USD
- How to do mileage on the TBER form
- How to complete the “Supplemental Approval Form”
- How to complete a missing receipts form (used for expenses $75 or more/ $25 for meals and if itemized receipt was lost)
Forms & Useful Links
- 2020 TBER form
- OANDA conversion (please use when converting foreign currency to USD).
- For mileage reimbursements, please complete the TBER form and include a printout from Google Maps.
- W-9 (for U.S. individuals and entities)
- W-8BEN (for non U.S. individuals)
- W-8BENE (for non U.S. entities)
- Before agreeing to make payment to foreign individuals, please check the “Allowable Payments by Visa Type” website.
- Missing Receipts Form (to be completed for expenses of $75, $25 or more for meals and if meal receipts are not itemized)
- Supplemental Approval Form
- CU tax Exempt Certificate 2019
- Scope of Work (SOW)
- Non-employee Expense Worksheet (1)