The Weatherhead East Asian Institute at Columbia University is excited to introduce you to Asia For Everyone, a one-of-a-kind new website that offers the public a bridge to cutting-edge resources for teaching and learning about East Asia.
Visitors to Asia For Everyone are greeted with a portal to seven websites that supply free teaching modules, sample syllabi, and learning resources for developing innovative East Asia-related curricula at the elementary, secondary, and collegiate levels.
Providing swift access to a vast range of educational materials, Asia For Everyone’s search function allows visitors to search across all seven websites at once for content about specific geographic regions or topics involving East Asia.
The website also features a discussion forum that invites visitors from around the globe to engage in conversation about new methods for enhancing the study of East Asia. All visitors who register in the forum are able to create discussion threads and to participate in existing discussions.
The seven featured websites on Asia For Everyone are:
* Asia for Educators: This website serves faculty and students in world history, culture, geography, art, and literature at the undergraduate and pre-college levels. It offers lesson plans, primary sources, video lectures, and more.
* Expanding East Asian Studies (ExEAS): A website providing innovative course syllabi and teaching materials for educators wishing to give students a broad transnational and interdisciplinary view of East Asia.
* International Network to Expand Regional and Collaborative Teaching (INTERACT): A program at Columbia University providing teaching resources that develop global studies in the undergraduate curriculum through cross-regional and interdisciplinary study.
* National Consortium for Teaching about Asia (NCTAsia): An organization offering seminars and workshops that encourage and facilitate teaching and learning about East Asia in elementary and secondary schools nationwide.
* Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (TCSOL): A specialized training program at Columbia’s Teachers College that prepares educators to teach Chinese to speakers of other languages.